When having two servers that are running on different versions, it could happen that restoring the database backup from a newer one to an older one can lead to an error. In our case, it appeared when trying to restore the database in Modeller from 2021.4 to 2021.2.
The process is simple:
- Log in on your server from where you want to take the database
- Go to desired database in Modeler
- Right Click on it and choose Download Database…
- Go to second server where you want to perform restoring the database activity
- Right click on it and choose Restore Database…
IF the scenario is smooth you are ready to celebrate, but in case it’s not (like below)
CODE: M_DB3 – zip operation failed : not a valid backup file,subfolders found
Perform the following steps:
- Unzip the database
- Find folder checksum and remove it
- Zip it again
- Try to perform restoring the database activity
If this is not solving your issue please contact your cloud support and mention from which version to which version you would like to restore the database.