One of the features of Jedox is the Datepicker, a user-friendly interface that allows you to select dates, periods, and other parameters to filter and analyze your data. In this article, we’ll show you how to create a dynamic range between two dates using the Jedox Datepicker. A dynamic range is a flexible range that automatically adjusts to include new data, and it can be a powerful tool for analyzing trends and making predictions.
Before we create a report you need to prepare the following things:
- Create a Day dimension using a Day template
- Create additional attribute DayValue2
- Create a rule which duplicates data from DayValue to DayValue2
After this is done let us create the spreadsheet report:
- Add two data pickers
- Add their values in the sheet and save them as a namerange Attribute
- Add Dyna range and in the Attribute, section use the variable “Attribute“
Save it and you are ready to go. This will now provide a more flexible and customizable approach to data analysis than fixed ranges, allowing users to focus on specific time periods of interest and analyze trends over time.
You can download the full project here.